Volvo Trucks taking necessary precautions to ensure the well-being of all stakeholders
Without trucks South Africa would come to a standstill. In light of the current situation, we need to take the necessary steps to ensure that our customer's trucks stay on the road and are able to deliver all their valuable cargo so that the rest of South Africa can continue with their day-to-day lives.
Our technicians will continue to keep your trucks on the road.
At Volvo Trucks, the safety and well-being of our staff, clients and partners always come first. We are actively monitoring COVID-19 and are taking the necessary precautionary measures to keep our facilities sanitized. While no cases have been reported at any of our locations, our company is committed to a rigorous and proactive approach. We want to do everything we can to maintain a healthy and responsible environment for all.
As part of our effort to ensure continued and uninterrupted service levels we have reviewed business continuity and recovery plans across the business, these plans include:
· Limited access to our premises for any non-critical visitors
· Limited staff travel
· Reduced face-to-face engagements with third parties
· Elevated hygiene measures in our workspaces and customers’ vehicles
· Work from home schedules where possible
· Workload balancing between locations
Please be assured that we are committed to providing a seamless service experience during this period. In this extraordinary time, we endeavour to uphold our service promised to our customers by taking the following actions:
· Our Workshops and Volvo Action Service teams are fully operational
· Our Sales teams are working remotely should you have an enquiry
· Our Volvo Financial Services teams are working remotely and will ensure all digital measures are in place to secure customers’ transactions.
In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, we have increased the sanitization of each of our locations throughout the day, concentrating on surfaces including but not limited to customer and driver lounges, desktops, door handles, washrooms, payment terminals and vehicles. We have also provided extra soap, sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer in high volume areas.
Other precautionary measures we have mandated in our dealership include:
– Our staff must remain at home if they experience any symptoms of COVID-19
– Our Management team continues to review the World Health Organisation and reassess all dealer crisis management protocols.
We would like to thank all our stakeholders for your cooperation in these extraordinary times.